“Strategy is about making choices, trade-off; it’s about deliberately choosing to be different.”
~ Michael Porter
“The strategic thought and insight to the health of individuals as a foundation to the building of Harmony was brilliant. With their passion for vibrant communities the group applied a balance of creative thought and evidence-based visioning to the design of our master planned community. MK Strategy is and will remain an important part of our planning team.”
~ Birol Fisekci,
President and CEO,
Bordeaux Developments Corporation
The main service of MK Strategy Group, Inc. is delivering processes in the areas of strategic development and enterprise and business planning.
At MK Strategy Group, we believe that the process of reaching a desired outcome is as important as the outcome itself. Our service incorporates a collaborative approach that:
- takes initiative from the community in question and stimulates its active participation
- determines the right questions and asks them of the right people
- builds a sense of stakeholder investment and accountability
- creates options, anticipates change, and builds in ways to manage it
- identifies opportunities and resources
- balances long-term needs against immediate and short-term demands
- motivates and guides effective action
- results in measurable change, growth, strength, and resiliency
“This results-orientated company has transformed our project from an abstract idea to a reality with an assiduous attention to detail and individual need. The distance between our vision and our day to day concerns is never lost by the project management team and appears to approximate with every passing month!”
~ Dr. Paddy Quail,
Physician Lead, LTC ARP
Medical Director, Home Care, AHS, Calgary
Clients benefit from the cross-sector knowledge and experience of the MK Strategy Group team. In fact, it is our industry knowledge and experience that sets us apart in several areas:
Community Engagement + Partnership development
Partnerships and network development is a special knowledge area for MK Strategy Group. This relates to our ability to appropriately connect and align businesses, organizations, and communities with others to derive mutual benefit. The cross-sector experience of the MK Strategy Group team, as well as our track record in both the public and private sectors, gives us a unique capacity for connecting people.
Community and Economic development
Community and economic development is a special knowledge area for MK Strategy Group. This relates to promoting the development of vibrant and sustainable communities for active engaged living and building economic (business) strength, whether the community in question is a place where people live, a group of people or businesses with a common interest, or a single business or organization.
Health and Wellness
Health and wellness is a special knowledge area for MK Strategy Group. Both of these concepts encompass physical, mental, spiritual, social, environmental, and other aspects.
While health and wellness are most commonly framed within a medical context, they can also apply in a broader, more holistic way to individuals, organizations, communities, societies. This involves helping businesses, organizations, and communities become aware of and make deliberate choices that will contribute to reaching their highest potential for overall health and well-being – a dynamic process of change and growth.
Generations Research & Affairs: Youth, Boomers and Seniors
While keeping an eye on demographic cohorts, with Generation Z following Millennials, boomers and seniors affairs is a special knowledge area for MK Strategy Group. We use generations research and population demographics to help businesses, organizations, and communities prepare for and benefit from understanding what may happen as boomers age, retire, and become seniors.
Currently the largest and most rapidly growing (respectively) population cohorts in our society, the wants and needs of baby boomers and seniors are said to affect everything from politics, to job markets, to housing design and furniture size. As boomers age, retire, and become seniors, their effects on healthcare, housing, wages, taxation, and other areas cannot be underestimated. Crisis or advantage – time to action!
Our toolbox of skills and deliverables includes:
Strategic Development Services
- Visioning, strategic road-mapping, and incubating ideas (strategic plans; summits/conferences)
- Critical, strategic, and systems thinking (development and/or streamlining of processes and plans; knowledge integration; bridge content with different contexts; implementing change)
- Research (literature review, feasibility studies; focus groups; surveys; interviews; data collection; identification of opportunities)
- Building networks and partnerships (opportunity identification; cross-sector linking; bridging concepts, financials, and structures between public and private opportunities)
- Facilitation and engagement (critical questions to clarify goals and objectives; round-table discussions; brain-storming sessions; shared goals consensus development, stakeholder engagement and public participation)
- Project and team management (goal and process development for manageable, measurable actions; leadership development; change management; assembling skilled teams and resources to lead project implementation)
Enterprise and Business Planning
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis (needs analyses; gap analyses; feasibility studies; economic and financial reviews; measuring results)
- Evaluation (return on investment; recommendations)
- Communication (processes and plans; marketing strategies; studies and reports; writing proposals; grant applications; summaries; flow-charts and diagrams)
- Educating stakeholders / Learning (training, leadership development)
Professionally developed and delivered services. For more information, or inquiries about cost and scheduling:
- Telephone: 403.650.6292
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org